Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chasing Liberation.



Don't know if its cup of coffee or the general happiness that i derive from my profession which instigated me write this up! or perhaps maybe this suggestion by a friend - who says there ARE PEOPLE WHO READ ONLY IF U WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR WORK... but it's certainly also not for 'popularity' that i wish to get from 10-100-1000 viewers.... 

The sense of 'happiness' prevailing around is definitely the new job. It was last week that i got a call for being selected as a guest lecturer in govt school! It was against my father's hope - that I can ever manage to get through 'merit' if it is a criteria anywhere.. the school/colg/post grad results are evident to prove him all right!
But, one should never stop 'hoping against the hope' so, here i am in govt school teaching the senior most classes my most favorite subject! :)
So, it started with a thrill on  Thursday,for fact that people already knew mw before I joined, being it ma's school as well.. and also, I'll get to come back home 'before the time' - when It used to be  still the last period in my previous school..

This is the 3rd school in almost 16 months, and I still had the day -1 jitters surrounding me..
 Startred on a lazy -note,for till previous day, at same time, I was all cozy in bed dreaming about the 'laal batti'.. Now, things would have to change and my usual waking- up time turned into end of the 1st teaching period of school.

Again,I needed no introduction as staff ,students alike knew me courtesy ma's curiosities. ... time table given- 11th and 12th grade with 34 period(GASP!) for a 6 day week!
I had nearly 20 in 'goldman's hut' and about 25 in 'parampaara'... 
Though 34 being ONLY teaching periods , got me going!!

11th std- world history , n we startred with the story of evolution of the mankind! I received the attention I expected it to be ,and girls were not 'notorious' as staff told me so....classroom is on the 1st floor , and u could never hear the bell ring- so, mom peeped-in , and like always girl-giggles followed..
I decided to move out to see whats next for the day?!

Had no more classes for coming 1 hour and with heavy head n still sleepy eyes- craved for a kadak chai~ 
I looked around in amazement- no cups, no kettle on any teacher;s desk- and decided to rather open a book to revise ahead..

12th class was more enthusiastic and History  being Indian, probably got me at ease and the 'preaching' began till bell rang! yea I heard it this time, classes being next to head's room, ground floor!

Recces got me back to 'more sleep' ...' more desperate for chai' mode,,,
though, mom compensated with curd n roti.. she usual sits in the one end of loooong table, and i sat along in amazement, that we would not be 'sharing' our vege n paranthas!  Those 'goldman's hut' day and way they ate like wild cats...and I had nearly became the same...
A day full of laziness followed by 3 -day weekend, and I was allll set to sleeeep n coffee out with my friends! 

Monday , felt like self(!) , and energy rushed from head to toe.. took 6 classes or maybe 7 in amazement of no-discipline breaking rules, no loose comments and intelligence of the continuously answering bright faces!
Medieval India for my 12th and a brief on the sufis and bhaktas of the east..
felt more and more at ease..though, looking at laziness in others did irritated at times,but , woooh Ma holding the place in single stride!
beautiful morning prayers - along national song and the anthem in chorus.


TODAY-It's technically a week though numerically only 4 days past the new job, and yes It does feeel like-
 'my calling' 'belonging'  and ' almost falling (back) in love' to my old favorite profession..

Yeah! it's celebration of freedom today but I always feel 'liberation' is more important...for self, my students,the girl students i mean..If only in little way i can 'guide' them to take the right path, will they get freedom from clutches and maybe liberation( in hope) if they learn the meaning of being at ease with themselves and their control on the  decisions of own life...


random very random, this thought came to pen down, and eager to pen more thoughts like these- about profession, my girls , work culture that  I will now get to feel around...


- - from a teacher's desk (laptop). 


No comments:

Post a Comment